10 Employer and Employee Benefits of Self-Protection

There are a number of business factors that make Self-Protection (not self-defense) training desirable, and most of these items can directly impact a company’s ROI.
These factors are independent of the size of the company.

  1. Tax benefits
  2. Community benefit
  3. Morale improvement
  4. Brand enhancement
  5. Mindset improvement
  6. Team building
  7. Enhanced employee personal safety
  8. Reduced risk of employee medical expenses
  9. Reduction of lost productivity due to injury
  10. Potential Community Recognition Award

 

  1. Tax benefits
    Self-Protection training, when done in conjunction with Self-Protection Concepts llc, can qualify for tax deductions. One possible deduction can come from the perspective of Employee Training expenses. A second, and more important benefit can come from the perspective of charitable donations.
  2. Community benefit
    Self-Protection Essentials llc, supports 4 major charities in the Tampa Bay area.
    The Spring of Tampa Bay;
    Metropolitan Ministries;
    Crisis Center of Tampa Bay;
    Means of Hope Foundation.
    These charities help 3-5000 FAMILIES each year. Many of the people helped are suffering from Domestic Violence and/or Sexual Assault and/or Child Abuse. In addition to the thousands of people reached by these ministries in these areas, Metropolitan Ministries feeds over 10,000 people each year.
    If a business brings Self-Protection Essentials, in to do their Self-Protection training, the company may donate up to 10% of the cost of the seminar to one of these charities (and pay the remaining 90% to Self-Protection Essentials). From our portion, Self-Protection Essentials, will match that donation. The result being that the charity will receive a donation equal to 20 of the cost of the seminar.
  3. Morale improvement
    While self-protection training is a good thing in and of itself, making a Charity contribution, as discussed above, will likely have morale benefits from the employees seeing how much the company cares, not just about them as employees, but also how the company cares for the community… about people in desperate need.
  4. Brand enhancement
    Also, if the company were to allow it to be known, it would enhance to Brand of the company and the public and client perception of the company.
  5. Mindset improvement
    Increased confidence in one area of life frequently carries over into other areas as well, resulting in improved performance even in unrelated areas.
  6. Team building
    When a team sees that they can work together in one area, it opens them up to realizing that they can work together in other areas as well.
  7. Enhanced employee personal safety
    One of the most significant intents of self-protection training is that techniques are learned that reduce the likelihood that you will ever need to defend yourself.
  8. Reduced risk of employee medical expenses
    The result of a single assault could be time spent in the hospital, either the ER or in a room.  These expenses run to almost $1000.00, just for the first day. The over-all financial burden of sexual assault is mind-boggling.
  9. Reduction of lost productivity due to injury
    The toll of a sexual assault is not here today and gone tomorrow. For some people the emotional pain can last a very long time and have a detrimental impact on their being able to retain a job.
  10. Potential Community Recognition Award
    Any company the cares about its employees enough to provide self-protection training for them deserves community recognition. Self-Protection Essentials will assist in this area in any reasonable manner.

1 thought on “10 Employer and Employee Benefits of Self-Protection”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *